We have to agree with a universal fact that it is really one of the most difficult task to get someone completely tunned with us as everyone has his / her individual thoughts, priorities, likes/dislikes/choice/emotions/personal – social background etc.
A teacher whose prime priority is only one and that is constructive transformation of knowledge and behavioral growth of all those students who have a variety of all above-mentioned factors. It can be termed as a great challenge to a teacher to do so.
It is a fact that academic activities are such where you need to wait for a longer time to have the result/reward. Children do not have such patience & we can not expect it from them at this early stage of life. On one side students expect Immediate result / reward while on other side, the academic system does not offer any such possibility. Gradually, such dry treatment affects their temperament, interest and involvement in daily academic activities.
A master teacher maintains students interests and lives involvement very tactfully by using simple words like good, very good, well done, yesssss…there you are, keep it up etc. or by putting an encouraging note in students’ CW / HW or by clapping for a student if proper answer is given or by sitting near a student who has done good work. Thousands of such verbal / non-verbal actions
are there which maintain students’ temperament and enthusiasm throughout the year.
Different teachers may have different patterns / mannerism to appreciate and motivate students but it must be practiced in a very judicious and regular manner.
• It always motivates students to remain attentively involved in ongoing class activity.
• Individual appraisal always make them feel special and confident for the subject and his interests and involvement is maintained.
• Students academic performance in a particular subject improves which not only satisfies them but that of the subject teacher, management and parents also.
• Student-teacher tunning remains at it full height which eliminates all sort of disturbances.
• Teacher never required to instruct students to focus on subject but students do it by themselves.
• The subject teacher needs to continue the practice inappropriate manner keeping the fact in mind that: excess of anything is poisonous.
• If the positive treatment is discontinued, the student-teacher tunning may get disturbed which may affect overall performance of students. This may lead students and in turn the teacher to frustration.
(This article/text/quote/image is shared in good spirit to strengthen the education system.)